Monday, November 5, 2012

Print- print-printing...

My first job (besides babysitting) was typing town records on this machine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Linotype-vorne-deutsches-museum-annotated.jpg


No, I am not old... town halls are old! All town records were typed on metal in case the town hall burned down! Pretty sure they updated this process by now ; )

 When I left that job they gave me a certificate for 
DOG LICENSE TECHNICIAN with a the town seal : )

My next job was working at JCP in the fabric department. I didn't know how to sew, and I learned so much about patterns, designing, and color.  It opened up a whole world of project possibilities for me. 
I designed baby crib sets, wall art, and stuffed teddy bears. 


Then they promoted me to management, which came with the cool job of staying late after work and printing the rack signs... which looked like this:
I printed the signs on all the racks that said SALE 20% OFF 

Now, I find myself printing on silver jewelry! This is my newest design - I made a silver key modeled after one of my keys in my antique keys collection.





As much as things change, sometimes it feels a bit like they stay the same.

You can see all my silver jewelry designs at SilverFreckles.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers