Thursday, January 27, 2011

Twenty two paintings!

I write a lot.

I do not submit much. I have to be very sure that I think what I have is ready to go.

I paint a lot.
I do not sell my work much. I don't spend a lot of time marketing them. (actually zero!)

There is a confidence that it takes to say something is ready. That work is what it is and that it needs to move on.
I sold some paintings to people who were at my art show a while ago.  Mostly, the paintings were put in black frames and hung in my studio. 
They represent a time, a mood, a place in my life. They are like photographs of me on the inside. It was hard to let them go.

At first I liked being surrounded by my artwork. But lately, I think I need to make space for new work. 
I need the open space. 
I hope they all find new homes soon. I don't like long goodbyes!

So today I took the first step. I unframed and photographed 22 paintings.
It is time to let them go.

I hope you will help me spread the word, when I post them on etsy next week! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations - can't wait to see your shop :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The world will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers