Monday, September 27, 2010

You are so worth it!

I have been working on the ARTIST E-PPRENITICESHIP today.
Fees!
If you want to be a professional artist, you have to act professionally. 
To me that means I show up early, I have prepared a thoughtful, fun, lesson plan that exceeds the expectations of the venue, my paperwork is in order and I get paid for my work.  

Isn't it so difficult to feel comfortable about setting your fees, pricing your work, valuing yourself! 
It is hard enough to declare yourself an artist! To see your art as REAL, to see yourself as REAL and then just when you get all those ducks in a row... you have to get the swans in a row too!
The swan is the fees, the value, the beauty of getting paid so you can continue on... getting paid makes art possible! More art! More programs!
After all, if we the artists do not value ourselves how will anyone else?
this bill is for illustration purposes only! do not attempt to print! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers